Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Atlantic
Small Business and Industry Outreach Event
Thursday, 1 September 2022
11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
DoubleTree Hotel Norfolk Airport
11:45 Welcome, Introduction of Sponsors, and Introduction of Keynote Speaker
12:00 Lunch and Keynote Address by Mr. Peter Reddy, Executive Director
12:30 Mr. Steve Harnig, Contract Competency Lead
1:00 Mr. Don Sallee, Initiatives of Acquisition Planning Services Manager
1:30 C4I Department Representatives
2:45 C4I Technical Collaboration Sessions (two 15 minute sessions, see sign up information below)
NIWC Atlantic is hosting a Small Business and Industry Outreach Event to facilitate conversation and collaboration between government and industry. This event will provide a forum by which NIWC Atlantic can communicate its intentions and exchange useful information. This event will include lunch with a planned keynote address at 12:00pm by NIWC Executive Director, Pete Reddy, followed by a Contracts Update presentation from NIWC Atlantic Contracting Competency Lead Steve Harnig; after that you will hear from NIWC Atlantic Initiatives of Acquisition Planning Services Manager, Don Sallee; then a presentation from NIWC Atlantic’s Fleet C41 and Readiness Department.
NIWC Atlantic will also host two separate Technical Collaboration Sessions. The purpose of these sessions is to focus on technology and unique capability in alignment with NIWC LANT’s C4I Department’s needs.
Click the links below to register for the Technical Collaboration Sessions
- Nuclear, Command, Control and Communications (NC3)
- Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence with Respect to System Troubleshooting and Sailor Self Sufficiency
Additionally, Robin Rourke, NIWC Atlantic’s Deputy Director, Office of Small Business Programs, will be on hand for one-on-one networking opportunities.
NIWC Atlantic’s mission is to serve our Nation by delivering information warfare solutions that protect national security. NIWC Atlantic develops, delivers and supports information warfare missions in support of naval, joint, national, and coalition operations. NIWC Atlantic supports the vision of the Department of Navy Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) to influence change and create a culture of small business inclusiveness across the entire acquisition lifecycle to provide better, faster and more affordable solutions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Federal contractors (large and small) in engineering and technical interaction who are interested in NIWC Atlantic business opportunities.
- Representatives from Small Disadvantaged Businesses, 8(a), HUB-Zone, Service Disabled Veteran Businesses, and Women-Owned Small Businesses.
- Information technology/Information warfare, electronics, communications, and navigation equipment vendors who are interested in engineering and technical interaction business opportunities with NIWC Atlantic.
A special thank you to our sponsors!